Have you ever loved a product or service so much that you could not wait to tell your friends and family? You write a post on Facebook; do a live story for your Instagram feed, or even snap to your Snapchat followers. Just from your regular, shmegular marketing, you’ve earned that company or business some money. What if you could make money sharing your favorite products or service? Well, you can! It’s called affiliate marketing. Quite frankly, you should be already be partaking in it! Affiliate marketing is on the rise. It is an additional source of income that you do not want to miss out on!
What is affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is promoting products, services, websites, companies and earning commission from sales earned through your endeavors. For many businesses, it is a quick and relatively inexpensive way to market and make sales. For the affiliate marketer, it is a quick and relatively easy way to earn free or discounted products and cash. So, how do you go about finding companies to actually pay you to use their products? It’s simple. You ask them!
In today’s virtual world most companies have a section on their website for potential “ambassadors” or “affiliates.” Contact information or a form will be listed. Generally, you apply online or via email, leave your social media handles, and if you have enough traffic, followers, or influence they may choose you. If you don’t have tons of followers, don’t worry. If the company feels that you have what it takes, they may still choose you! If chosen, the company will give you a unique link or affiliate code that you can use to drive traffic to their site. They may also offer you marketing material such as banners, text links, images, or other forms of material that you can share and/or copy and paste your code on and then plug it into your website. Anyone who is interested will simply click on your link and they will be redirected to the owner’s website. Don’t have a site? No problem! Simply share your unique link or code and your referrals can use it to get to the site or to plug in after their purchase. If they purchase the product or service, then CHA-CHING, you just earned some money! You should note, however, that if you are a blogger and use affiliate links then you need to specify this on your site.
What should you know?
1) You should believe in what you are promoting
2) Negotiate. If you have a large following or a tad bit of clout, you should negotiate how much your commission will be. Also, if you want FREE product, then suggest that as well. Negotiate how much exposure the company will offer you. If you are an up and coming blogger, model, artist, or etcetera ask that the company feature you on their social media platforms or website. This is great exposure! The relationship should be mutually beneficial
3) Some companies have strict posting guidelines for their affiliates. Deliver on what you promise. Overdeliver if you can
4) Know the terms of your contract or agreement. For instance, you may not get a payout until a specific dollar amount of product or service has been sold. You may be required to the only market for that company. Know what you are agreeing to before you make your final decision.
5) Ask for a discount for your followers. This is a great way to drive traffic to the site! Make the people feel special.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn additional income. It may not make you a millionaire; however, you can definitely earn a substantial amount of money and free product, if you play your cards right.
Have Any Questions? Let’s Connect